The setback button can be used to save energy when you plan to leave your house for some period of time. It is similar to the HOLD feature and TEMPORARY OVERRIDE by holding a fixed temperature, but it also provides you the ability to maintain this fixed temperature anywhere between 1 hour and 30 days; and then automatically change back to the comfort temperature prior to your arrival back home.
By default, when you initially press the setback button in heat mode, the set temperature used will be 5F (3C) degrees lower than the current set temp. In Cool mode, the set temperature used will be 5F (3C) degrees higher than the current set temp.
TO START A SETBACK:
- Ensure that the System Mode switch is in either the Heat or Cool position, and that the Set Slider is in the RUN position
- Press and hold the SETBACK button for at least 2 seconds, The screen will change and show the words “HOURS LEFT” and “OVERRIDE”, along with two digits.
- Use the UP/DOWN buttons to set the duration for how long you would like to maintain a fixed set temperature. This can be from 1 to 12 hours or if you would like to set the duration for longer, you can set it for 1 to 30 days by continuing to hit the UP button.
- The display will change from “HOURS LEFT” to “DAYS LEFT”, with an available duration of 1 to 30 days. Once your desired Setback duration is shown on the screen, you can either wait for the screen to advance forward on its own, or press the NEXT button (behind the door) one time to jump ahead rapidly.
- Now use the UP/DOWN buttons to select your desired set temperature that will be used for the Setback duration.
- Just like the previous step, you can either wait for the screen to advance on its own, or press the NEXT button to advance and return to the Normal Run screen.
TO CANCEL A SETBACK:
- While in the Normal Run screen, press and hold the SETBACK button for at least 2 seconds.
- The word “OVERRIDE” will disappear from the screen and the Setback will be cancelled.
- Moving the System Mode switch or Set Slide switch, will also cancel a Setback.