The OFFSET setting is shown as number of degrees (default = 4F). It is similar in nature to the Swing setting, however, it only effects the operation of the second (auxiliary) heating stage of heat pumps. The auxiliary heat is there for when your system can't keep up with your target temperature.
You can adjust the value from 1F to 9F degrees to determine the number of degrees that the room temperature must fall below the set point, before requiring the second heating stage to turn on. This can be used to conserve energy in cases where the second heating stage is costly to operate.
NOTE: While making these adjustments, you have to make the keystrokes in a timely manner, as the thermostat will timeout automatically and exit these screens after 10 seconds without a button press.
To Change the Offset Setting:
- Press the MENU button
- Press the SCROLL button on the screen until you see l “SET/REVIEW SWING VALUE
- You will see “ADJUST VALUE SWING”
- Hit NEXT to skip this setting
- You will see “ADJUST VALUE OFFSET” with a single flashing temperature digit.
- Use the UP and DOWN buttons to change the number value between 0°F and 9°F
- Setting the OFFSET to 0° (zero) setting will disable the 2nd heating stage completely..
- Press the NEXT button to accept the Offset
- You will see “ADJUST VALUE CAL”
- Hit EXIT to skip this setting and return to the Normal Run Screen.
*A higher offset number results in energy savings while a lower offset number provides more comfort.