When you see the word “Filter” flashing in the display of the thermostat, it is simply a reminder to change the filter in the blower of your heating\cooling system (totally separate from thermostat).
Please refer to the manufacturer of your heating\cooling system to find out how to change this filter. This feature does not affect the operation of thermostat in any way.
If you wish to reset the FILTER Usage Monitor:
- Rotate the dial to “Air Filter”
- Press “Next”
- You will see the Filter Limit flashing.
- Press the Down button repeatedly to 30, 60, 90, 120, 180, or 360 days
- If you wish to disable the filter reminder, just set it to “Off”.
- Now, return the dial to Run position to put it back in normal operation.